I. Roles and responsibilities
The Deputy CEO (In charge of Flight Operations) is responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance and that Bamboo Airways’ flight operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with Civil Aviation and company requirements.
The principal responsibility is to take all possible and practicable steps to ensure the safety, security, and efficient overall operation of all company aircraft. Direct report to Chief Executive Officer on regulatory matters;
II. Job Description
- Compliance within the Flight Operations Department with company policy and legal requirements and to ensure compliance in accordance with ICAO and Civil Aviation Standards and Regulations;
- Providing strong leadership that conveys the company’s commitment to the highest possible safety standards;
- The development, maintenance, and documentation of procedures to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all company aircraft
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and currency of the company’s Operations Manuals and responsible for the production of KPIs and other operational documentation;
- The preparation and management of the Flight Operations budget to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Responsibility for directing the management of Flight Safety, line operations, training, and discipline within the department;
- Represent the company in various capacities within the aviation industry and act as the primary interface with the Civil Aviation as necessary, to ensure that the airline’s operations are compliant with the requirements of the AOC;
- Responsible for the management and supervision of flight operations and crew training in accordance with regulatory requirements including the development and checking of line standards across the fleet;
- Ensuring that Flight Operation’s employees have the necessary resources to perform the functions of their positions in compliance with applicable regulations;
- Oversee the maintenance of all the companies’ required records for flight operations and training ensuring all crews are properly licensed and authorized;
- Responsible for corrective action implementation within the department resulting from audits/inspections conducted;
- Ensure the competency of key flight operations personnel is maintained to the required regulatory standards;
- Ensure that any contracted services meet the required standard.
III. Qualification and Requirements
- Hold or have held an Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL);
- Comprehensive knowledge of civil aviation regulations, standards, and recommended practices (EASA, ICAO, IATA);
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership, strategic vision, and managerial competency;
- Highly commercial and customer-focused with intellectual rigor;
- Possession and demonstration of the key competencies outlined below.
- Minimum of 10 years of aviation experience to include 5 years of airline command experience;
- Previous Post-holder / Nominated Person experience;
- Previous experience developing and managing departmental budgets;
- Preferably qualification in business management or related field;
- Natural teamwork skills with demonstrable experience in leading and managing people;
- A highly disciplined individual who sets and works to strict deadlines and ensures that other managers correspondingly adhere to such deadlines;
- Creative, innovative, and idea’s driven; capable of identifying innovative strategic development opportunities, and driving the creation of new ideas and/or stimulating others, internally or externally to do so;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels both internally and externally;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Ability to fully assess situations, grasp issues, solve problems and make clear concise recommendations on key operational decisions;
- Energetic individual who has a clear ability to work with projects in parallel to the core responsibilities of the role;
- Questions appropriately
- Highly capable of challenging and influencing peers to review legacy approaches;
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative and commitment.